There's a day for everything now, right?! June 28th is National Insurance Awareness Day and we may a little bit bias, but this one is actually quite important. It was created to remind people to have an annual insurance check up. Life happens and things change, and those changes can have a real impact on your insurance needs. You may be underinsured or you may even be able to save a little money. The key is to make sure your protected from major financial loss. So give your independent agent a call and have a chat.
Here are a few things your agent might ask you:
- Have you purchased or inherited any art, jewelry, or other highly valuable items in your home?
- Did you get a new roof?
- Do you have a home inventory?
- Have you added onto your home or had a renovation that added value to your home?
- Are there any new discounts that may apply to you?
- What exactly is covered and what's not covered under your policy?
- What are risks for your area of Virginia?
- Is your home covered for earthquakes?
- Should you consider flood insurance for your home if you don't already have it? Did you know flooding is covered for your car if you have comprehensive coverage?
On the lighter side, when life happens, sometimes it's cathartic to just have a good laugh. In that spirit: