Inland Flood Insurance vs Flood Insurance

in what is flood insurance coverage, when is flood insurance required, what does flood insurance cover, what does inland flood insurance cover, how to get flood insurance, how to get inland flood insurance Aug 17, 2022

Home insurance can be really confusing! We get it. And we want to clearly explain the ins and outs of our insurance products so you can be an informed decision-maker and have peace of mind. Flood insurance can be particularly confusing and is a growing concern for homeowners throughout Virginia. There are different types of flood insurance, and it's important to know the differences. When determining coverage, the cause of flooding matters.

Read More    

Does Your College-Bound Child Need Renters Insurance?

in Does my home insurance cover my college student?, off campus insurance coverage, what's covered by renters insurance, renters insurance for college student, dorm insurance Aug 16, 2022

A lot can happen when your kids go away to college - it can even be a little worrisome! Will they get enough sleep? Will they get good grades? Can they live off Ramen and Easy-Mac?  And you may be wondering whether your college-bound child needs a separate insurance policy to cover property and provide liability coverage. The last thing you need to be concerned about is their stolen or damaged stuff, like that new laptop you just bought. And...

Read More    

How to Prepare Your House for a Hurricane

in how to prepare for a hurricane, how to prepare your house for a hurricane,, prepare the outside of home for a hurricane, how to prepare your house windows for a hurricane, how to prepare the inside home for a hurricane Aug 15, 2022

Peak Atlantic hurricane season is here! This is the time when Virginia typically experiences its most destructive tropical cyclones. This year's above-average season forecast by the National Weather Service included sixteen to twenty named tropical storms between June 1st and November 30th in the Atlantic hurricane basin. Three to five of those are predicted to turn into major hurricanes between August 15th and November 30th. Here at NNINS, we...

Read More    

What is Loss of Use Renters Insurance and How Does it Work?

in loss of use renters insurance, renters insurance loss of use, loss of use coverage renters insurance, rental loss insurance, what does loss of use mean in renters insurance, what does assurant renters insurance cover, Additional Living Expense Coverage, Additional Living Expense Insurance Jul 27, 2022

What is Loss of Use Renters Insurance? Loss of Use Renters Insurance is protection associated with your renters insurance if your rental home becomes uninhabitable from a covered loss. It's sometimes referred to as Additional Living Expense coverage. This protection can come to your rescue if a claim from a covered peril forces you from your home for an extended period. If fire damage in your apartment building prevented you from continuing to...

Read More    

Is Your Virginia Home Covered for Flood Damage?

in insider, hurricane, homeowner tips, homeowners insurance, flood insurance, flooding, Virginia, hurricane season, severe weather, coverage, home insurance, home, hurricane prep, insurance claim, how-to, protection, house, water damage, home ownership Jul 27, 2022

At NNINS, we know two things: some Virginians are subject to the effects of flooding, and many believe their home is covered for flood damage with their homeowners insurance. The fact is that standard home insurance policies do not cover flood damage. Let us explain, clear up any confusion, and help your family be as prepared as possible.

Read More