There's a day for everything now, right?! June 28th is National Insurance Awareness Day and we may a little bit bias, but this one is actually quite important. It was created to remind people to have an annual insurance check-up. Life in Virginia happens and things change, and those changes can have a real impact on you and your family. Big things like hurricanes, car accidents, and tornadoes. Your home insurance and car insurance can protect you when things go wrong.
Reviewing your insurance is a good way to find out if you're underinsured or you may even be able to save a little money. The key is to make sure you're protected from major financial loss. Think about the questions below, give your local agent a call, and then be done with peace of mind!
Here are a few questions to think about:
- Have you purchased or inherited any art, jewelry, or other highly valuable items in your home?
- Did you start a new side hustle or business in your home?
- Did you get a new roof?
- Do you have a home inventory?
- Have you added to your home or had a renovation that added value to your home?
- Are there any new discounts that may apply to you?
- What exactly is covered by your home insurance and what's not covered?
- What are the risks for your area of Virginia?
- Do you need personal umbrella insurance?
- Would you benefit from cyber coverage?
- Is your home covered for earthquakes?
- Should you consider flood insurance for your home if you don't already have it?
- Did you know flooding is covered for your car if you have comprehensive car insurance?
On the lighter side, when life happens, sometimes it's cathartic to just have a good laugh. In that spirit: